This week's main event was the exhibition WWDC 2017 with a large number of announcements from Apple. The network also had rumors about the launch of mass production of the iPhone 8. And we also saw the alleged photo of the alleged Meizu Pro 7 and its renders.
At WWDC 2017, Apple introduced:
- WatchOS 4 for Apple Watch The watchOS 4 system will be available in the fall of 2017 as a free update for Apple Watch, combined with the iPhone 5s and newer running iOS 11.
- Smart HomePod column The wireless speaker can determine which part of the room it is located in and automatically adjust the sound. HomePod is equipped with a subwoofer and a block of seven speakers. The basis is the A8 processor, there is support for Siri. The cost will be 349 US dollars.
- IOS 11 The preliminary version of iOS 11 for developers is already available to iOS Developer Program participants, and a public beta will appear later this month. IOS 11 will be released in the autumn of 2017 in the format of a free update for iPhone 5s and newer, all models of iPad Air and iPad Pro, 5th generation iPad, iPad mini and newer, and iPod touch 6th generation.
- MacOS High Sierra The fresh version of the operating system for Mac, which replaces macOS Sierra, is called macOS High Sierra. The version of macOS High Sierra for developers is already available. The public beta will appear in June. The final release of macOS High Sierra is scheduled for the fall of 2017 in the format of a free update to the Mac App Store.
- IMac on Kaby Lake The new iMac switched to the latest generation of Intel Core processors of the seventh generation (Kaby Lake architecture), and also received a display that is positioned by Apple as the "best screen for the Mac in history", brightness increased by 43% and reaches 500 cd / m2, There is support for 1 billion colors. The 21.5-inch model comes with up to 32 GB of RAM, a 27-inch screen with up to 64 GB, twice the size of the previous generation.
- The most powerful iMac ProiMac Pro is equipped with 27-inch Retina 5K displays with support for up to 1 billion colors. It was based on Intel Xeon processors with up to 18 cores, and the AMD Radeon Pro Vega graphics system with 16 GB of internal HBM2 memory, giving up to 22 teraflops power when processing half-precision numbers and 11 teraflops when processing single-precision numbers.
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro The new version of the iPad Pro received a 10.5-inch display True Tone, which is 20% more than the 9.7-inch model. The basis is the 6-core A10X Fusion processor with 64-bit architecture and 12 cores GPU. You can also note Sefi-camera FaceTime at 7 megapixels and the main camera 12 megapixel with optical image stabilization. There is a built-in Apple SIM card, support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac networks and 4G LTE Advanced.
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro12.9-inch iPad Pro, as well as 10.5-inch, received a True Tone display. At the core is also the 6-core A10X Fusion processor.
- Apple updated the line of MacBook on Kaby LakeNew Apple laptops switched to the new processors of the seventh generation Intel Core (Kaby Lake architecture) – and the 12-inch MacBook and MacBook Pro. They also received solid-state drives accelerated by 50%. The 15-inch MacBook Pro received accelerated standard graphics. In addition, Apple refreshed the popular MacBook Air, increasing the speed of the processors.
- Apple told about iOS 11 for iPad with Dock and "Files"
Apple started mass production of iPhone 8
The Latvian designer Benjamin Geskin (Benjamin Geskin), known for the organization of leaks, published through his Twitter account the next drawings of the upcoming iPhone 8 and iPhone 7s Plus. According to him, these are the last, final drawings, since the mass production of smartphones has already started.
Also, he once again confirmed the rumors that in 2017 we are waiting for three new models of the iPhone. Drawings show the dimensions of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7s Plus. So, the size of the iPhone 8 is 143.4 x 70.77 x 7.51 mm, and the iPhone 7s Plus – 158.38 x 78.1 mm, although the thickness is not specified. Thus, the iPhone 7s Plus is almost identical with last year's iPhone 7 Plus, increasing by a tenth of a millimeter. IPhone 8 is bigger than the iPhone 7, but is smaller than the iPhone 7 Plus, and this is despite the fact that it expects a 5.8-inch display. Recall that in 2017, most analysts expect a great redesign, since Apple will celebrate 10 years with the release of the first iPhone. As one of the upcoming innovations most often mentioned OLED-display. It is rumored that the iPhone 8 will receive a touch screen in the entire front panel, the hardware Home button will turn into a virtual one, in fact, its functions, including fingerprint recognition of the Touch ID, will execute the screen section. Also reported on advanced biometric capabilities, improved mechanism of tactile feedback Taptic engine and wireless charging.
However, there is a version of minor changes in the following iPhone. According to sources from Taiwanese suppliers, Apple's new smartphones will not be iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, but iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus. At the same time, they will become updated versions of the current generation, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, without significant design changes. The main innovation will be the A11 processor, but rumors of a glass case and wireless charging are not justified. In addition, it is reported on the appearance of an additional color option – red. It also assumes the output of an average 5-inch iPhone with a dual camera, mounted vertically, and not horizontally like the iPhone 7 Plus. The latest leak, however, predicts the appearance of three versions – the luxury iPhone 8 or iPhone X with a 5.8-inch OLED-screen costing more than $ 1000, and a 4.7-inch model with an LCD-display under the probable name iPhone 7s and 5, 5-inch LCD iPhone 7s Plus, which will receive fewer differences from the current generation of Apple smartphones. Since the release of the original iPhone in 2007, Apple is releasing the next generation once a year. With the release of the iPhone 3GS in 2009, the company has established the tradition of even-numbered years to produce a noticeable update with the next figure in the model name and a new design of the case, and on odd – a model with a suffix "s" in the title and changes, mainly relating to "under-hood" And program components. Based on this tradition, the appearance in 2017 of models of iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus looks logical. Nevertheless, given the anniversary release and reports of analysts about low sales of the iPhone 7, experts tend to expect a significantly improved iPhone 8 for next year, not in 2018. The current generation of smartphones, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, the company presented to the public on September 7 2016 year. The main innovations were the design with the plastic inserts for antennas shifted to the edges, the protection against water according to the IP67 standard, the touch, not the mechanical one, the Home button and the powerful quad-core Apple A10 processor. In addition to everything else, the large 7 Plus version uses a dual camera with an optical zoom and blurring of the background of pictures in the style of SLR cameras. In addition, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus lost 3.5-mm audio jack mini-jack, but in the kit with the smartphone is supplied a cable adapter for connecting ordinary headphones to the port Lightning. At the time of release, the iPhone 7 was the most powerful smartphone in the world.
Meizu Pro 7 on renders and photos
On the expanses of Weibo, a Chinese Twitter counterpart, a live photo was revealed showing the upcoming Meizu Pro 7 smartphone, which has not yet been officially submitted by the manufacturer.
Judging by the photos, the smartphone also received a USB Type-C port, and a 3.5-mm headphone jack. Presumably, the photo shows a prototype smartphone, the logo on the rear panel confirms the manufacturer – Meizu.
Later, there were also device renderers.
According to earlier leaks, the Meizu Pro 7 is equipped with an AMOLED display with a diagonal of 5.2 or 5.5 inches with a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, an 8-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor, 6 GB of RAM, a dual main camera with one of the modules Based on the 12-megapixel Sony IMX386, with a 16-megapixel front camera.
The best that we wrote in a week
We told you what to play, explained what a VK Mobile operator is and wrote a story about whether to buy a smartphone now or wait for new products.